Thank you Alex from Whimsy Pages for tagging me! These are some great questions and I’m excited to share more about my blog with others 🙂
1 – Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2 – Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
3 – Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4 – List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post/or on your blog.
What other hobbies do you have?
Apart from reading and blogging, I also love gardening, dancing, and scrapbooking.
Share one interesting fact about you!
I speak Russian and am currently learning Turkish.
What was the last place you travelled to?
I went to the local beach. Really great arcade and theme park there too 🙂
What was the last book you read?
Newes from the Dead by Mary Hooper. It is based on the true story of Anne Green who was falsely accused of infanticide and hanged. In the book she is trapped in a society where men have ultimate power and victimise the poor. However, the doctors wanting to dissect the protagonist make a startling discovery. Check out my spoiler-free review to find out more!
What is your favourite review you’ve ever written?
I really like the review of The Star of Kazan by Eva Ibbotson as the book puts a smile on my face and the descriptions of the foods and tourist sites of Vienna remind me of it. I took a different approach to Our Endless Numbered Days by Claire Fuller, as I included a spoiler ending (with warning) at the bottom due to much interest in the plot-twist.
Share your reviewing process: From picking up the book until it goes live on your blog!
Most of the books I own are chosen by my mother who likes to buy a variety of books. I pick a book based on whether it fits a genre I am interested in (such as romance, YA, historical and so on) and how appealing the title and blurb are. I also try books which I think may not be as interesting for variety, and sometimes I have been pleasantly surprised. I then review the book and post it using a familiar format.
How old is your blog?
My blog is 6 months old, so still a baby! 🙂
Do you plan something special for your next Blogiversary?
I haven’t had a blogiversary before so need to read more about what others have done. I might place a special post on the blogiversary.
Do you love doing Tags? Why?
I enjoy doing tags because it gives us bloggers a chance to get to know each other better ‘beyond the books’. It is lovely to do tag posts other than book reviews all the time. Plus, lots of tags are great fun to do!
Tell us 5 things you love about blogging or this community.
- The support for each other, even newbies!
- There are amazing book recommendations 🙂
- Bloggers come up with new ideas that I would not have otherwise thought about.
- I love the creativity around it.
- It is a great opportunity to improve my writing.
And to wrap things up, recommend one book to read this summer!
Romance: It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover
Historical: Newes from the Dead by Mary Hooper
Children’s (but suitable for older readers): Nevermoor by Jessica Townsend
Do take part if you would like to, but do not feel obliged if it is not your thing or you have already been nominated!
- What are your hobbies outside of blogging?
- Are you an extrovert or introvert?
- Give us one interesting fact about yourself!
- What is the best food you have ever had?
- What is your favourite ice-cream flavour?
- What is your zodiac sign?
- Tell us about what inspired you to start your blog?
- What is your favourite blog topic?
- What is your all-time favourite book (or author)?
- What is the post you are most proud of/feel readers should read if they come across your blog?
- Any advice to new bloggers?